As we age, our bodies don’t look or feel the same as they once did. One of the main victims of this: the vagina. To rectify the natural aging of the body and restore the vagina to its previous state, you may want to consider vaginal rejuvenation.
What is vaginal rejuvenation?
Vaginal rejuvenation is a non-hormonal treatment to help restore the function and aesthetics of your pelvic region. There are several different methods for this procedure, including stem cell therapy, CO2 laser, and radiofrequency. For more on this, read my Guide to Vaginal Rejuvenations.
Here are 5 things you probably didn’t know about the procedures:
- The goal of vaginal rejuvenation is multifaceted and includes aesthetics and function. The procedure aims to:
- Increase vaginal moisture
- Strengthen vaginal muscles
- Improve painful intercourse
- Reduce urinary leakages and urgency
- Improve vaginal looseness
- Increase vaginal sensitivity
- There are many different methods of vaginal rejuvenation therapy. The three most popular methods are CO2 laser, radiofrequency, and stem cell therapy/platelet-rich plasma (PRP).
- Rejuvenation treats both internal and external vaginal areas. Treating both areas helps to alleviate the symptoms above to not only improve the appearance but also the feel and function as well.
- Collagen is key! Collagen is not just for the face—it’s extremely important for your sexual health, too! The different methods help to rebuild collagen, which is essential to restoring the function of your vagina.
- Many women think “it’s never going to be what it was,” but it can be! With today’s technology, women have the ability to reclaim their sexuality, even later in life.
There is no reason to give up on your sexuality just because the effects of aging and menopause have taken a toll on your intimate health. It’s time to reclaim your sexuality, and vaginal rejuvenation could help you do just that!
If you would like to learn more about vaginal rejuvenation, visit our website and give us a call at 520-447-1772 to schedule a consultation so that we can discuss your goals for your sexual health! Additionally, keep in mind that intimacy issues aren’t just a problem that women deal with! If your partner is experiencing issues such as erectile dysfunction, we have services for men, too!